Maha Kumbh Mela Yatra
2013 Maha Kumbh Mela Yatra
Offer Anna Daan (Serving Free Food)
In keeping with the the age-old custom of the Vedic tradition - anna daan (serving free food) - Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam will be serving at least 10000 pilgrims at the Kumbh Mela in Prayag, Allahabad. You are welcome to support this service on this auspicious occasion.
Bandara - The Traditional offering of Food to Sadhus
Bandara is the offering of feast to the thousands of Sadus in the Nirvani Accorda. Maha Mandaleshwar offer to the sanyasis of this tradition. You can be part of this ancient tradition by offering the Bandara
Starting from 8th feb 2013 morning, Acharyaas of Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam will be giving short talks on various subjects related to the Vedic tradition in our Nithyananda Ashram at the Kumbha Mela in Maha Kumbhapuri, Allahabad. Following are the subjects that will be shared by Acharyaas of Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam in the Kumbha mela from February 8th 2013 to February 15th 2013. These talks will be given through out the day starting from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm in our Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam Ashram, Kumba Mela, Maha Kumbhapuri
Day long Satsang topics at Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam Camp at Kumbh Puri:
(Sangam Marg, Sector 10, Railway Pool Number 8, from Jhusi side, Prayag (Allahabad), Uttar Pradesh, India)
MAHA KUMBHA MELA
PRAYAG (Allahabad), 2013
BE PART OF THE PLANET’S LARGEST SPIRITUAL GATHERING!
The Kumbha Mela held in India every year is the world’s largest spiritual gathering,with tens of millions participating for the ritual bath and worship in the holy rivers. People travel from all corners of the globe to experience the intense energy field created by the powerful sacred spaces and the devotion of millions.
The tradition of Kumbha Mela is rooted in the The Vedic Puranas (epics), which describe the legendary churning of the ‘milky ocean’ (samudra mathana). The divine beings (devas) and demons (asuras) are believed to have churned the celestial milky ocean for ‘amrita’ or the nectar which will make them immortal. After the amrita was brought out, both the parties vied with one another for the nectar, and in this struggle a few drops are said to have spilt onto four places on earth below - Prayag (Allahabad), Nasik, Ujjain and Haridwar in northern India. These places became sacred and the rivers here were sanctified by the divine nectar.
Kumbha Mela is held every year in commemoration of this legendary happening. These four pilgrimage spots host the Kumbha mela in rotation. This 2013, is the Maha Kumbha Mela that occurs once in 144 years only in Prayag (Allahabad) where tens of millions gather for a bath in the holy rivers. Saints from all Hindu sects, including the powerful and rarely visible Naga Babas, make their appearance to bless the pilgrims and energize the waters. It is believed that bathing in this energised water and soaking in the highly positive vibrations during this period will free one of all karmas (deeply rooted negativities), and the easy transition into a higher state of existence is guaranteed. Followers of the Vedic tradition consider this as the ultimate spiritual practice.
A mystical plane where every Enlightened master who happened to be on planet earth in the physical or in meta physical plane are said to be present during this Maha Kumbha Mela. Experience the clairvoyance descending in the Kumb area to bless planet earth. Be a part of the planet's largest happening in the outer world and the biggest energy explosion in the inner world with The Living Avatar Paramahamsa Nithyananda
Important Snan(Holy dip in the river) dates
27th Jan 2013 Sunday Paush Purnima
6th Feb 2013 Wednesday Ekadashi Snan
10th Feb 2013 Sunday Mauni Amavasya Snan Main Bathing Day(Dark Moon)
15th Feb 2013 Friday Basant Panchami Snan Fifth day of the new Moon
17th Feb 2013 Sunday Rath Saptami Snan
18th Feb 2013 Monday Bhisma Ashtamin Snan Eight day of the new Moon
25th Feb 2013 Monday Maghi Purnima Snan
Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam Tent Location:
sangam marg, sector 10, railway pool number 8,
from Jhusi side, Prayag (Allahabad), Uttar Pradesh, India
Kumbha Mela: Jan 14 - March 10.
Food and Accomodation: Free
1. Distance from railway station to our tent - 6km
2. Address of the Tent: Mela ground, sector 10, near railway pillar 8, lower sangam marg
3. From Varanasi Airport to Prayag (Allahabad) – come by cab/auto. Once you reach Prayag (Allahaba) shastri bridge take left turn before the shastri bridge and enter - lower sangam marg, do not cross the bridge.
You can reach from Lucknow airport also
4. Prayag (Allahabad) railway station to tent – How to go?
Railway station – Mela ground, there are share autos. Price - 10per head
Private rickshaw – Rs. 70-80/-
5. 2 routes to reach the tent by auto:
1. Through Shastri bridge - go directly over Shastri bridge, over ganga, cross shastri bridge turn immediate right towrds sangam, jhusi, from jhusi side enter towards sangam, come near railway pillar no.8, sec 10. Just next to rail pillar no.8 - from jhusi side.
2. Take an auto from Prayag (Allahabad) railway station to Mela ground (share auto or a private one)
Lucknow to Kumbh Approx 4 Hrs
Varanasi to Kumbh Approx 2.5 Hrs
6. Weather conditions: its cold at night time.
Kindly carry warm clothing with you.
7. Baggages: Do not carry too many bags - carry 1 bag
9. Accomodation: We will be providing beds and quilts.
9. Washing clothes: You may not find much time for washing. Place will be provided for drying the clothes. Kindly get some plastic wires for drying your clothes. Drying takes minimum of 2 days.
10. Mark your clothes with the marker – kindly mark your clothes using a marker - your name so that it doesn't get exchanged when you dry them.
Signup for Space Request:
Sign up below for space request in our Maha Kumbha Mela Tent. This signup is only a space request and NOT a confirmation. We will be sending you confirmation email shortly.
Please choose the Vedic Ritual (Homas and Pujas) For which you want to make the Donation - Offering, All of Wich to Conducted/Performed During the Auspicious Maha Kumbamela.
Click Here For Donating To Homas and Puja